Quote: “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” – Oprah Winfrey

This quote is essentially saying that everyone’s personal calling is what makes them the unique individual that they are. Everyone develops a passion in life whether it be a subject, a career, a hobby, a sport or any other variety of things. When people get to incorporate their passion into their career and their daily life, they hopefully have the opportunity to share their joy with others. I believe that as teachers, we all have that personal calling in helping to educate and nurture young minds as well as to give children love and support whenever they are in the classroom. Additionally, each teacher has their own passions that they implement into their teaching style. I believe that as a teacher, it is important to bring in your own interests and values into the classroom so that students are able to connect with you better. When teachers find a way to implement what they love into their teaching, lessons become more engaging for students and as a teacher, the job becomes even more vibrant. For my future classrooms, I would integrate my love for animals and the environment of Canada into my lessons as these are topics that get me excited that I hope to share with my students. It is important to help students find what they love in life and foster their own little passions that they might have as well. It is important to discover the students interests early on so that they can be included into the classroom so that coming to school becomes a part of their passion as well.